Student Checklist

Before Leaving For Canada:

  1. Review and compile information required to apply to enroll at Pixel Blue College. Submit application and receive Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation of Enrollment.

  2. Apply for a study permit from Canada Immigration and Citizenship. International students will need a study permit if they plan to study in Canada for more than 6 months, or if they would like to work part time while attending school. Allow three to four months for your application to be processed.

  3. Go to CIC to learn if, and how to, submit an online or paper application for a study permit.

  4. Check CIC application processing times to see typically how long it takes to process your application and make arrangments accordingly.

  5. Make travel arrangements: book flights.

  6. Make banking arrangements transfer money, purchase traveler's cheques, get credit cards. Make arrangements to pay tuition.

  7. Arrange for accommodation while you are in Canada.

  8. Arrange for private health care insurance.

When You Arrive In Canada:

  1. Provide all required entry documents to the Canada Immigration officer on arrival.

  2. Contact your family to tell them you have arrived safely.

  3. Attend the Orientation Program, and sign the Student Contract of Tuition.

  4. Get a student student I.D. card (provided at Orientation).

  5. Open a bank account.

  6. Get a Social Insurance Number (SIN) (necessary if you will be working with an off-campus work permit)